Tinidazole is used for treating certain parasitic and bacterial infections. Tinidazole is an antiprotozoal and antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive parasites and bacteria.
Use Tinidazole as directed by your doctor.
- Take Tinidazole by mouth with food.
- If you have trouble swallowing the tablets, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you take cholestyramine, do not take it at the same time you take Tinidazole. Talk with your doctor about how you should take cholestyramine with Tinidazole.
- If more than one dose of Tinidazole is required, continue using Tinidazole for the full course of treatment in order to clear up your infection completely, even if you feel better in a few days. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Tinidazole, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Tinidazole.
Store Tinidazole at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Tinidazole out of the reach of children and away from pets.