Celebrex is indicated for relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in patients 2 years and older and ankylosing spondylitis. Celebrex is indicated for the management of acute pain in adults and for the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea. It is used in familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) to decrease the number of polyps (growths) in the rectal area.
Use Celebrex as directed by your doctor!
- Take Celebrex by mouth. It may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach. Taking it with food may not lower the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist if you have persistent stomach upset.
- Some doses of Celebrex should be taken with food. Ask your doctor if you have questions about how to take Celebrex.
- Take Celebrex with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL) as directed by your doctor.
- Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Celebrex.
- If you miss a dose of Celebrex and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Celebrex.
Store Celebrex at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Celebrex out of the reach of children and away from pets.