Coreg is used for treating high blood pressure or certain types of heart failure. It may also be used after a heart attack to improve survival in certain patients. It may be used along with other medicines. Coreg is an alpha- and beta-blocker. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, slowing down the heart, and decreasing the amount of blood it pumps out. This decreases blood pressure, helps the heart pump more efficiently, and reduces the workload on the heart.
Use Coreg as directed by your doctor.
- Take Coreg by mouth with food.
- Take Coreg on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Coreg at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Coreg even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Coreg. You may have an increased risk of side effects. If you need to stop Coreg or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Coreg, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Coreg.
Store Coreg below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Coreg out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Carvedilol.