Dipyridamole is used for evaluating coronary artery disease in patients who cannot exercise adequately before thallium imaging (cardiac blood flow scan). Dipyridamole is a coronary vasodilator. It works by increasing blood flow to the heart, which mimics an exercise test. It is followed by the thallium test.
Use Dipyridamole as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Take Dipyridamole with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
- Dipyridamole is often taken together with other medications to prevent blood clots. To best treat your condition, use all of your medications as directed by your doctor.
- To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your doctor may need to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled visits to your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Dipyridamole, take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dipyridamole.
Store Dipyridamole at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Keep Dipyridamole out of the reach of children and away from pets.