Hyzaar is used for treating high blood pressure. It may be used to decrease the risk of stroke in certain patients with high blood pressure. Hyzaar is a combination angiotensin II receptor blocker and diuretic. The angiotensin II receptor blocker works by relaxing the blood vessels.
Use Hyzaar as directed by your doctor.
- Take Hyzaar by mouth with or without food.
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Hyzaar is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Hyzaar may increase the amount of urine or cause you to urinate more often when you first start taking it. To keep this from disturbing your sleep, try to take your dose before 6 pm.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Hyzaar.
- Continue to take Hyzaar even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Hyzaar, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Hyzaar.
Store Hyzaar at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Hyzaar out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Losartan potassium-hydrochlorothiazide.