Micardis is used for treating high blood pressure alone or with other medicines. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, or death due to heart problems in certain patients. Micardis is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). It works by relaxing blood vessels, which helps to lower blood pressure.
Use Micardis as directed by your doctor.
- Take Micardis by mouth with or without food.
- Do not remove the tablet from the blister seal until you are ready to take your dose.
- Take Micardis on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking Micardis at the same time each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Micardis even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Micardis, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Micardis.
Store Micardis at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Micardis out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Telmisartan.