Noroxin is used for treating bacterial infections. Noroxin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Use Noroxin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Noroxin by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal or eating or drinking milk or other dairy products.
- Take Noroxin with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- Drinking extra fluids while you are taking Noroxin is recommended. Check with your doctor for instructions.
- Do not take any products containing magnesium, aluminum, calcium, iron, or zinc (eg, antacids, quinapril, vitamins/minerals); didanosine; sucralfate; or bismuth subsalicylate within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Noroxin.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Noroxin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- Do not miss any dose. If you miss a dose of Noroxin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Noroxin.
Store Noroxin at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Do not freeze. Keep Noroxin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Norfloxacin.