Trileptal is used for treating certain types of seizures in patients with epilepsy. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines. Trileptal is an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing abnormal nerve impulses in the brain.
Use Trileptal as directed by your doctor.
- Take Trileptal by mouth with or without food.
- It is important to take all doses on time to keep the level of medicine in your blood constant. Take doses at evenly spaced intervals. Do not skip doses.
- Taking Trileptal at the same times each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take Trileptal even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses. Trileptal works best when there is a constant level of it in your body.
- If Trileptal is stopped, it should be done gradually. The risk of seizures may be increased if Trileptal is suddenly stopped.
- If you miss a dose of Trileptal, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Trileptal.
Store Trileptal at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Trileptal out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Oxcarbazepine.