Differin is used for treating severe acne. Differin is a retinoid-like compound. It helps the skin cells renew quicker and decreases blackhead formation.
Use Differin as directed by your doctor.
- Do not use other medicines on your skin without first discussing it with your doctor.
- Differin is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, lips, angles of the nose, and mucous membranes. Exposure of Differin to the eye may cause swelling, redness, and irritation.
- Do not apply Differin to cuts, abrasions, eczematous skin, or sunburned skin.
- Use Differin in the evening before bedtime unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Before applying Differin, clean the area to be treated with mild soap or soapless cleanser and gently dry.
- Apply a thin film of Differin to the affected and surrounding area. Rub in gently. Wash your hands immediately after using Differin.
- A mild sensation of warmth or slight stinging may occur shortly after using Differin.
- If you miss a dose of Differin, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once. If several applications are missed, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Differin.
Store Differin at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Protect from freezing. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Differin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Adapalene.