Omnicef is used for treating mild to moderate infections caused by certain bacteria. Omnicef is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Use Omnicef as directed by your doctor.
- Omnicef may be taken with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take it with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Do not take an antacid that has magnesium or aluminum in it within 2 hours before or after you take Omnicef.
- Do not take a product that has iron in it within 2 hours before or after you take Omnicef. However, you may give Omnicef along with iron-fortified infant formula.
- Omnicef works best if taken at the same times each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Omnicef for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Omnicef, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Omnicef.
Store Omnicef at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Omnicef out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Cefdinir.